Forsyth Area Chamber of Commerce
Office Administrator Job Description
Position: Office Administrator
Reports To: Chamber President/ Board of Directors
Summary: The role of the Office Administrator is to work with and for the President of the Chamber, the Board of Directors and the Membership in support of its mission. Key duties include: manages daily operations of the organization including implementation and administration of the policies and programs established by the Board of Directors; serves as the Chamber’s membership and promotions administrator; plans and executes events and activities, coordinates the Ambassador Committee, provides opportunities for members to network and promote their products and services, attends appropriate chamber events and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greets visitors to the chamber office – provides customer service to walk in traffic.
- Answers and fields incoming phone calls.
- Manages incoming/outgoing mail and all electronic communications.
- Controls office supplies and inventory.
- Maintains an inventory of office equipment and service contracts.
- Ensures that all proper chamber documentation is current: policies, insurance, state registration, City of Forsyth and Taney County business license.
- Maintains adequate records of all transactions and correspondence, available for review by the board, or other officials or agencies.
- Maintains and updates the chamber’s website and social media channels.
- Compiles and assembles information for new member packets and sends or delivers information to prospective members.
- Works with Ambassador to facilitate new memberships
- Makes membership retention calls on a monthly basis; assesses member needs.
- Assists in retention efforts through the collection of past due memberships.
- Advises membership on new programs, events and services the chamber has available.
- Ensures chamber growth by aggressively promoting available programs and services.
- Assists exiting businesses with growth opportunities, education, mentoring.
- Coordinates the Ambassador Program.
- Assists Board Members in the planning, scheduling, marketing, promoting, executing, and staging of all special events and activities. Coordinates registration for special events. Recruits sponsors and vendors for appropriate events.
- Assembles monthly board member packets and prepares monthly financial reports. Attends monthly chamber board meetings.
- Participates in chamber activities to promote and enhance the image and relationship of the chamber with all groups and parties in the community.
- Assists with the development of and oversees all publications printed and distributed by the Chamber of Commerce.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing effective communication with members and the community:
- Prepares and distributes emails to membership.
- Prepares and provides press releases and other information to the appropriate media channels as necessary.
- Manages accounts receivable and payable.
- Provides monthly Financial Reports to the Board of Directors.
- Works with outside CPA firm for annual tax preparations.
- Prepares and distributes membership renewal invoices and past due letters on a monthly basis
- Represents the chamber at local, regional, and state meetings and conventions to foster the betterment of the chamber’s mission.
- Researches new revenue streams and makes recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Displays a strong commitment to the community and collaborates with other community leaders.
- Strives continually to develop a better public understanding of the purpose and functions of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Responsible for the development of alliances and partnerships in the community that promote collaboration and lead to the accomplishment of the organization’s membership, public affairs and economic development goals and priorities.
- Works to identify, develop, and refine chamber services on a continual basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply for the job by sending your Resume to email@example.com Attn Rose Backlin